Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; acm has a deprecated constructor in /home/alabama/public_html/peacetakescourage/forum/includes/acm/acm_file.php on line 23

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; user has a deprecated constructor in /home/alabama/public_html/peacetakescourage/forum/includes/session.php on line 1423

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; bitfield has a deprecated constructor in /home/alabama/public_html/peacetakescourage/forum/includes/functions_content.php on line 1233

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; dbal has a deprecated constructor in /home/alabama/public_html/peacetakescourage/forum/includes/db/dbal.php on line 23

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; phpbb_hook has a deprecated constructor in /home/alabama/public_html/peacetakescourage/forum/includes/hooks/index.php on line 23

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; bbcode has a deprecated constructor in /home/alabama/public_html/peacetakescourage/forum/includes/bbcode.php on line 23
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acm/acm_file.php:23)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 990: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acm/acm_file.php:23)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 668: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_content.php on line 668: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acm/acm_file.php:23)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acm/acm_file.php:23)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acm/acm_file.php:23)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/acm/acm_file.php:23)
• View topic - My buddy, Chinguis...

My buddy, Chinguis...

My buddy, Chinguis...

Postby hwmnbn » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:41 pm

This little guy grew up to be 120 lbs of puppy. He was my sister's dog, that's his brother Blue in the background. He was a Presa Canario and at 6 months old he was too big and strong for my sister or niece to walk safely. That's where I come in. My "job" was to walk them in the alley, pick up the poop,and fill the water bowl everyday. I also took him to the vet when necessary. He listened to me and obeyed MOST of the time. LOL. You could say I was his nanny.

Whenever I showed up at the front door, Chinguis would find a chew toy and bring it to me. If he couldn't find one, he'd bring one of the sofa cushions...which pissed my sister off something fierce. He was always looking out the picture window for squirrels or cats that would stray onto the front yard. He didn't like squirrels or cats and he let that be known. In the winter, if there was snow cover or ice on the ground, I had to really be attentive or he'd fucking take off after those critters and I had better be on solid dry ground or I'd become a human sled.

When the granddaughters would come over to visit for the weekend, they'd watch TV and fall asleep on the couch only to wake up in the morning with either Chinguis or Blue snuggled up at their feet. They are that gentle.

Chinguis was always a happy dog. Turn a water hose spray on him and he'd jump up and down chasing droplets. He loved slices of bread dabbed with peanut butter and would wait all excited, ears perked up, eyes wide open with anticipation.

A couple months ago he started limping on his left hind leg and we thought he pulled a muscle or had slight arthritis since he had just turned 7 and this breed is susceptible to that. Three weeks ago, it seemed to worsen and the vet feared it was bone cancer. Test were run and the diagnosis was confirmed. We started giving him pills to manage the pain but last weekend it was obvious they weren't helping. Last Monday morning we took him in and gave him our final act of compassion by letting him go. He was loved every moment of his life.

I miss my buddy.

-Socrates-
hwmnbn

Role:

Re: My buddy, Chinguis...

Postby Ava » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:06 pm

I'm sorry. One of my kitties died earlier this year. Animals are really a part of our families and it's always tough to lose one. :hug:
- Ava

"No matter what the fight, don't be ladylike! God almighty made women and the Rockefeller gang of thieves made the ladies." - Mother Jones
Ava
Site Admin

Role:

Postby hwmnbn » Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:47 pm

-Socrates-
hwmnbn

Role:

Postby rightiswrong » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:40 pm

Pets really are like family members, sorry for your loss :(
In the beginning, Man created God, things went downhill from there.
rightiswrong

Role:

Return to Random Chat