Thy hands upon his

Thy hands upon his

Postby quickiewle » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:59 pm

As I am a person of faith you'll have no difficulty guessing what I think of this.I'm not sure there's a kid alive that's this smart and cool-headed.
Without help, that is...

From Yahoo News

12-year-old boy delivers baby brother

By Mike Krumboltz
Mike Krumboltz
By Mike Krumboltz | The Lookout – 1 hr 43 mins ago

Baby on the way and you can't make it to the delivery room? Here's hoping 12-year-old Gaelan Edwards is nearby.

Gaelan saved the day when his mom went into labor and couldn't make it to the hospital. He was up late watching TV when he heard his mom call from her bedroom. At first, he thought he was in trouble for watching the tube when he wasn't supposed to be, he told CTV. But it turned out his mom needed his help in a major way.

Danielle Edwards quickly explained what was happening and told Gaelan that when he saw the baby's shoulders, he needed to hold on to them and pull the baby out. But Gaelan didn't need any tips. After watching many medical shows on TV and reading medical books at home, he already had a pretty good idea of what to do.

In an interview with CTV, Gaelan says that when he started to pull the baby, it started crying, which was a relief. "You know that's a healthy baby," he said. After the baby came out, Gaelan clamped the umbilical cord and cut it with household scissors. He then helped mom push out the placenta before cleaning and wrapping his newly born brother.

Gaelan may be extremely capable and cool under pressure, but he's still a kid. To his mom's obvious chagrin, he described the cord cutting as "gross" because "blood was spurting out everywhere." With stellar comic timing he then said that he "had to wash (his) hands because ... yeah."

Not surprisingly, Gaelan is now considering medical school down the road. Way to go, big brother

" I'm not sure whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on,
or by imbeciles who really mean it."
Mark Twain
quickiewle

Role: punmeister ( you'll see)

Return to Random Chat