I'm for rent

I'm for rent

Postby quickiewle » Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:37 pm

No, the legal kind.
If I lived in Canada I guess I'd be perfect for this, since I qualify as an expert on disability.
But the only part of this that bothers me is they're volunteers... I want to get paid a pile of MONEY, hoohahaaa!
:mrgreen: Read on.
From canada.com
People soon to be on loan at B.C. library

By Laura Kane, Postmedia News August 17, 2011 Comments (3)

A new library in Surrey, B.C., will be home to a "human library," with people on loan as living books.
Photograph by: Thinkstock, canada.com

Gone are the days of rummaging through card catalogues and dusty shelves.

A new library in Surrey, B.C., will be home to a "human library," with people on loan as living books.

The $36-million Surrey City Centre library, set to open at the end of the month, will allow users to "check out" people and pick their brains about their experiences with blindness, immigration, religion or a disability, among other things. The goal is to break down stereotypes and start discussions, said deputy chief librarian Melanie Houlden.

"What we're aiming to do is bring the library to life for people. There are huge repositories of experience and knowledge in their own brains," she said.

People with various personal experiences have already agreed to volunteer, she said. Users will be able to request an "expert" and chat over a cup of coffee in the library's new cafe.

The idea began in Europe and has already been successfully applied at another library in nearby Coquitlam, B.C., and a local college, she said.

lkane@vancouversun.com
" I'm not sure whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on,
or by imbeciles who really mean it."
Mark Twain
quickiewle

Role: punmeister ( you'll see)

Return to Random Chat