I'm back from my first Occupy Walstreet protest

Re: I'm back from my first Occupy Walstreet protest

Postby Rick345 » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:18 pm

I doubt it however, PTS probably leads 500+ people in his command and I lead about 160 people in my job and the principles of leading people are the same no matter the reason your leading them.

Organize by the rule of ten. The lowest supervisor/leader is responsible for ten people. The next person up the ladder is responsible for five groups, the next group up the ladder is responsible for teams/500, the next person up the ladder is responsible for five teams/2500 people. Make sure everyone knows the objective the the restrictions. Claim victories whenever possible, treat everyone with respect and think of everyone as a recruit to the cause. Discipline in private praise in public.
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?", Mahatma Gandhi.
Rick345

Postby Peace Takes Strength » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:21 pm

Peace Takes Strength wrote: Let's come back to this thread early January and see where OWS is.

So.. How's the OWS movement going. Haven't heard even a squeek from them in the last several weeks.

A quick check of the OWS website has them calling for protest over Nigerian oil subsidies? Really??? That's what it's been reduced to.. the promotion of oil consumption in west Africa?
"This is following through not just on a commitment I made during the campaign (Closing GITMO) but an understanding that dates back to our Founding Fathers, that we are willing to observe core standards of conduct — not just when it's easy but also when it's hard,"--Obama

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."--Obama
Peace Takes Strength

Location: Standing on the wall protecting those I care about from harm

Postby rightiswrong » Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:57 pm

Pay attention PTS:

Occupy Wall Street returns to NYC's Zuccotti Park
http://www.usatoday.com/news/story/2012-01-11/occupy-zuccotti-park/52498910/1
In the beginning, Man created God, things went downhill from there.
rightiswrong

Role: Maître d'

Postby Peace Takes Strength » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:54 am

rightiswrong wrote:Pay attention PTS:

What exactly am I paying attention to? I read the article and it talks about a "handful of protestors". There are a "handful of protestors" down the street who want the local library to extend their Sunday hours. I thought OWS was a movement to change the world?

OWS: Rest in Peace
"This is following through not just on a commitment I made during the campaign (Closing GITMO) but an understanding that dates back to our Founding Fathers, that we are willing to observe core standards of conduct — not just when it's easy but also when it's hard,"--Obama

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."--Obama
Peace Takes Strength

Location: Standing on the wall protecting those I care about from harm

Postby hwmnbn » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:30 pm

Peace Takes Strength wrote:What exactly am I paying attention to?

Who knows? My guess is you pay attention to Fox News and wingnut radio. Their clients tend to be deliberatively uninquisitive and thus criminally unaware.

Peace Takes Strength wrote: I thought OWS was a movement to change the world?

Even you'd have to admit, we've changed the parameters of our political dialogue to the extent that one of our core messages is being used as a basis for a presidential campaign.

If a speech Thursday morning by one of his top economists is any indication, President Barack Obama is going all in with the 2012 re-election message of stemming the rise in income inequality and reforming a system that’s increasingly perceived to be rigged in favor of the rich.

link

Given the ineptness and unresponsiveness of the main stream American news media, the fact we've even gotten noticed is an impressive accomplishment.:rockon:

From "word of the year" to "person of the year", we've infiltrated your consciousness, challenged your world view, and fucked with your conscience. That pisses you off and IMO, that is why you continue to malign us.

Peace Takes Strength wrote:OWS: Rest in Peace

Tell that to all these folks. Go ahead, click on any link to see what the people are doing. Better yet, go down to the OWS site near you and SEE FOR YOURSELF. Try it, get inquisitive, go there in person and investigate for yourself. Until you do that, you and I both know you're just talking out your ass wasting all our time. :roll:

Hope you had nice holidays! :angel:
"I drank WHAT?!?"

-Socrates-
hwmnbn

Role: a drifter, the prime suspect with a perfect alibi

Postby CD » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:09 pm

Peace Takes Strength wrote:

What exactly am I paying attention to? I read the article and it talks about a "handful of protestors". There are a "handful of protestors" down the street who want the local library to extend their Sunday hours. I thought OWS was a movement to change the world?

Uh oh some one spoke to soon.

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/th ... 2012.html#
"Anti-Semitism is no longer a problem. It's raised, but it's raised because privileged people want to make sure they have total control, not just 98% control...[Jews are]...the most privileged and influential part of the population.

Noam Chomsky, Osama bin Laden's favorite American author.

http://www.actsofkindness.org/
CD

Postby Bo Thompson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:20 pm

CD wrote:Lots of :peacefingers:

a few :stupidpeople:

some :peace:

more than enough :love:

one or two :crazy:

one epic protester who just got out of :jail:

a pair of jerks went all :blahblah:

I gave a speech and got a lot of :clap:

and now that I'm home a part of me wants to :cooldance:

I`m back from Applebee`s, LOL.
Bo Thompson

Postby Bo Thompson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:27 pm

Peace Takes Strength wrote:

I thought they was just trying to change things in America. Wasn`t it just a handful that founded this country?
Bo Thompson

Previous

Return to Current Events