I'm back from my first Occupy Walstreet protest

Re: I'm back from my first Occupy Walstreet protest

Postby hwmnbn » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:06 am

Peace Takes Strength wrote:I have no idea what Rep Foley has to do with Occupy Wall St, but if you want to hijack the thread it's easy to show that sexual predators exist on both sides of the aisle...

You don't want to go there, there is no comparison. The number of right wing "conservative" transgressors is staggering and you can verify that for yourself. I've already done the research and you know I'm rather meticulous. So let's not hijack this thread. OWS is an important topic, let's stay on it. :wink2:
"I drank WHAT?!?"

-Socrates-
hwmnbn

Role: a drifter, the prime suspect with a perfect alibi

Postby Peace Takes Strength » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:33 am

My prediction is the Occupy Wall Street movement will wither and fade away come the first frost in NY. [-o<
"This is following through not just on a commitment I made during the campaign (Closing GITMO) but an understanding that dates back to our Founding Fathers, that we are willing to observe core standards of conduct — not just when it's easy but also when it's hard,"--Obama

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."--Obama
Peace Takes Strength

Location: Standing on the wall protecting those I care about from harm

Postby CD » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:14 pm

Peace Takes Strength wrote:My prediction is the Occupy Wall Street movement will wither and fade away come the first frost in NY. [-o<

My prediction is that tea party activists will join the movement and lap dogs like you will find they are not welcome in moral society.
"Anti-Semitism is no longer a problem. It's raised, but it's raised because privileged people want to make sure they have total control, not just 98% control...[Jews are]...the most privileged and influential part of the population.

Noam Chomsky, Osama bin Laden's favorite American author.

http://www.actsofkindness.org/
CD

Postby hwmnbn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:59 am

Peace Takes Strength wrote:My prediction is the Occupy Wall Street movement will wither and fade away come the first frost in NY.

Frost in NY?? Piece of cake! :roll:

My prediction is that, just out of curiosity, you'll eventually visit an OWS near you and experience what is happening. There is nothing like first hand information.
"I drank WHAT?!?"

-Socrates-
hwmnbn

Postby Peace Takes Strength » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:45 pm

hwmnbn wrote:
My prediction is that, just out of curiosity, you'll eventually visit an OWS near you and experience what is happening.....

Don't think so. I have a life.
"This is following through not just on a commitment I made during the campaign (Closing GITMO) but an understanding that dates back to our Founding Fathers, that we are willing to observe core standards of conduct — not just when it's easy but also when it's hard,"--Obama

"The President does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack in a situation that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation."--Obama
Peace Takes Strength

Postby CD » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:59 pm

hwmnbn wrote:
Peace Takes Strength wrote:My prediction is the Occupy Wall Street movement will wither and fade away come the first frost in NY.

Frost in NY?? Piece of cake! :roll:

My prediction is that, just out of curiosity, you'll eventually visit an OWS near you and experience what is happening. There is nothing like first hand information.

Wow seven continents now have protests.
"Anti-Semitism is no longer a problem. It's raised, but it's raised because privileged people want to make sure they have total control, not just 98% control...[Jews are]...the most privileged and influential part of the population.

CD

Postby hwmnbn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:27 pm

Peace Takes Strength wrote:
hwmnbn wrote:
My prediction is that, just out of curiosity, you'll eventually visit an OWS near you and experience what is happening.....

I repeat...

hwmnbn wrote: There is nothing like first hand information.

But suit yourself. :wink2:
"I drank WHAT?!?"

-Socrates-
hwmnbn

Postby Peace Takes Strength » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:47 pm

hwmnbn wrote:
hwmnbn wrote:

I repeat...

hwmnbn wrote: There is nothing like first hand information.

But suit yourself. :wink2:

Let's come back to this thread early January and see where OWS is.

Peace Takes Strength

Postby hwmnbn » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:30 pm

Let's come back to this thread early January and see where OWS is.

Wait a second, not two days ago you said this on THIS SAME THREAD....

Peace Takes Strength wrote:My prediction is the Occupy Wall Street movement will wither and fade away come the first frost in NY. [-o<

Which one is it, first frost or early January? Are you hedging your bets already? You're moving the goal posts all of a sudden, why? :-k:

IMO, that inconsistency is a sign of indecision, a natural outcome of confusion resulting in a subtle but noticeable loss of confidence. You need a booster shot of Fox News. :laughcry:

Just wanted to point that out to ya. :wink2:
"I drank WHAT?!?"

-Socrates-
hwmnbn

Postby hwmnbn » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:11 pm

News Flash for PTS:

rooby roo is by all accounts the salt of the earth, straight up middle-america, small business owner. He's no starry eyed hippie or wide-eyed radical. He is as serious as a heart attack and unlike us, not prone to hyperbole... check his posts.

He wrote this on another thread...

rooby roo wrote:AHEM...

What we, the working class, have a problem with is simply THIS...

Millionaires and Billionaires paid themselves totally obscene salaries to operate huge major corporations at a LOSS. Then these low life TURDS cried to the government for bailouts at the expense of US, the taxpaying working class. Not only did the wealthy scum get their bailouts, but they got big fat bounuses as well, AT THE EXPENSE OF THE WORKING CLASS!!!

The working class is pissed off because WE WERE FORCED TO BAIL THE SCUM OUT of the mess the goddamned greedy bastards got themselves into and IN RETURN, THEY FUCKED US IN THE ASS REAL HARD!!! Worse yet, they continue to fuck us, in more ways, every day.

Does it sound like his energy and intensity is simply going to disappear at the first frost or by early January? I'm willing to bet rooby roo is NOT an occupier in the technical or physical sense. The underlying passion is what you wingnuts don't want to admit. For every one of us that is standing out in the freezing rain, there are 98 folks going about their business just waiting for the opportunity to express themselves. They are not happy, they are not stupid and they're getting impatient.

No one can predict where or how it will play out. Just know that in addition to the loud pushy activists on the street, OWS is also everyday quiet "normal" folk at home, like rooby roo.

So regardless the success/failure of individual occupy sites, the OWS movement is coalescing organically. And THAT, my friend, is your worst nightmare. 8)

The good news is you'll get to watch from your ringside seat here at PTC! :woohoo:
"I drank WHAT?!?"

-Socrates-
hwmnbn

Postby English Nick » Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:24 pm

Peace Takes Strength wrote:Let's come back to this thread early January and see where OWS is.

January? They're aleady making plans for next July.
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum – even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there’s free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.” - Noam Chomsky
English Nick

Role: Royal pain in the arse

Postby Rick345 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:33 pm

English Nick wrote:
Peace Takes Strength wrote:Let's come back to this thread early January and see where OWS is.

January? They're aleady making plans for next July.

Making plans is the easy part, carrying out is what separates and the men from the boys. I'm glad to see that after I've been asking for something like this for weeks its finally in the works. After asking time and time gains what are OWS for I finally get an answer even though it wasn't in response to my query I'm glad to see it none the less..
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?", Mahatma Gandhi.
Rick345

Postby English Nick » Mon Oct 24, 2011 2:30 am

From the OWS Twitter feed:

“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum – even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there’s free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.” - Noam Chomsky
English Nick

Postby CD » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:31 pm

English Nick wrote:From the OWS Twitter feed:

#-o

We're trying to get the tea partiers to join us.

CD

Postby English Nick » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:56 pm

CD wrote:We're trying to get the tea partiers to join us.

Never happen. They all think they're part of the 1% and that poverty is a lifestyle choice.
English Nick

Postby CD » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:11 pm

English Nick wrote:
CD wrote:We're trying to get the tea partiers to join us.

Never happen. They all think they're part of the 1% and that poverty is a lifestyle choice.

Since one of the teaparty movements co-founder has openly expressesed support for OWS I'm going to have to disagree with you.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2011/10/14/t ... ll-street/

CD

Postby quickiewle » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:05 pm

Everything I've read since avidly following this movement tells me that traditional political lines are meaningless here. I read an article by Russell Brand that referred to it as a seismic spiritual shift. When you see an article on Fox frigging news supporting the movement... whoa. And I hope you saw the video of the Marine Sergeant giving a dozen heavily armed cops an eloquent piece of his mind. I'd be remiss if I did not point out to the colonel that many in the military are in solidarity with us.
Attachments
305333_235707073153926_100001439058122_657339_1332945810_n.jpg
305333_235707073153926_100001439058122_657339_1332945810_n.jpg (16.48 KiB) Viewed 14790 times
" I'm not sure whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on,
or by imbeciles who really mean it."
Mark Twain
quickiewle

Role: punmeister ( you'll see)

Postby quickiewle » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:14 pm

Rant continued.
Sorry, colonel... you can neither dismiss this movement as a bunch of wild-eyed Marxists, nor can you wish it away. It is worldwide and unquenchable, and even if this current phase of the movement were to fizzle out due to inclement weather, as you sneeringly suggest, business as usual will never be the same. The 1% are on notice.. the 99% are sick and tired of being messed with.
Mark Twain
quickiewle

Postby quickiewle » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:46 pm

316973_306489646032707_100000150235180_1420427_1772535005_n.jpg
316973_306489646032707_100000150235180_1420427_1772535005_n.jpg (9.34 KiB) Viewed 14905 times
Mark Twain
quickiewle

Postby CD » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Anyone here ever lead a protest of 400+?

CD

PreviousNext

Return to Current Events