" Christians can jihad too"

" Christians can jihad too"

Postby quickiewle » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:55 pm

:crazy:
From TPM

Mosque Arson Suspect To Cops: 'Christians Can Jihad Too'
Ryan J. Reilly | August 25, 2011, 3:41PM
A federal grand jury in Oregon indicted 24-year-old Cody Crawford on federal hate crime and arson charges for allegedly setting fire to a mosque. The fire followed the arrest of a Muslim man for allegedly plotting a terrorist attack on a Christmas tree lighting ceremony.

Federal officials said that Crawford set fire to the Salman Alfarisi Islamic Center in Corvallis, Oregon, near his home in the early morning hours of Nov. 28, less than two days after authorities arrested a Somali-American man after an FBI sting operation.

Court documents obtained by the Associated Press show that Crawford ranted against Muslims in his conversations with police and said that Christians were also capable of jihad.

"You look like Obama. You are a Muslim like him," a court document quotes Crawford as telling an officer after he was arrested on Dec. 14 for a charge unrelated to the firebombing. "Jihad goes both ways. Christians can jihad too."

Authorities apparently got on Crawford's trail thanks to DNA on a flashlight found near the mosque on the morning of the firebombing. He lived just a block from the mosque.
" I'm not sure whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on,
or by imbeciles who really mean it."
Mark Twain
quickiewle

Role: punmeister ( you'll see)

Re: " Christians can jihad too"

Postby CD » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:53 pm

I hope he get's a cell alone where he can silently study for decades a book he knows nothing about i.e. the Bible.
"Anti-Semitism is no longer a problem. It's raised, but it's raised because privileged people want to make sure they have total control, not just 98% control...[Jews are]...the most privileged and influential part of the population.

Noam Chomsky, Osama bin Laden's favorite American author.

http://www.actsofkindness.org/
CD

Postby Rick345 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:51 am

Without question Christians can be jihadists. wasn't that what Kosovo War was all about Christians committing genocide against the Muslims.
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?", Mahatma Gandhi.
Rick345

Postby CD » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Rick345 wrote:Without question Christians can be jihadists. wasn't that what Kosovo War was all about Christians committing genocide against the Muslims.

I'm fairly sure one one the leader killers in that was an atheist.
"Anti-Semitism is no longer a problem. It's raised, but it's raised because privileged people want to make sure they have total control, not just 98% control...[Jews are]...the most privileged and influential part of the population.

CD

Postby English Nick » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:46 pm

CD wrote:
Rick345 wrote:Without question Christians can be jihadists. wasn't that what Kosovo War was all about Christians committing genocide against the Muslims.

I'm fairly sure one one the leader killers in that was an atheist.

Most of them were unreconstructed communists. The media tried to portray it as a religious war, but the religious leaders in the region were all opposed to it. I remember one of the Orthodox Churches in the USA lodging a formal complaint about a reference on one of the idiot news networks to "the fascist Serbian Orthodox Church".
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum – even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there’s free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.” - Noam Chomsky
English Nick

Role: Royal pain in the arse

Postby Rick345 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:36 pm

The leaders of the Kosovo War may have been different religions but, most of what I know about the ethic cleansing in Kosovo comes from what I gleamed from "Zlata's Diary" written by 12 years old Zlata Filipović whom some will remember as being labeled as the the "Anne Frank of Sarajevo". Kosovo was much like Rwanda were neighbor was killing neighbor and for the most part it was Christians killing Muslims.. I remember reading Zlata's Diary in '95 or 96.... I'd like to read another work she co-edited "Stolen Voices: Young People's War Diaries, from World War I to Iraq" but, I haven't found a copy.
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?", Mahatma Gandhi.
Rick345

Postby quickiewle » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:20 pm

Rick345 wrote:The leaders of the Kosovo War may have been different religions but, most of what I know about the ethic cleansing in Kosovo comes from what I gleamed from "Zlata's Diary" written by 12 years old Zlata Filipović whom some will remember as being labeled as the the "Anne Frank of Sarajevo". Kosovo was much like Rwanda were neighbor was killing neighbor and for the most part it was Christians killing Muslims.. I remember reading Zlata's Diary in '95 or 96.... I'd like to read another work she co-edited "Stolen Voices: Young People's War Diaries, from World War I to Iraq" but, I haven't found a copy.

One copy left at amazon.com.
Mark Twain
quickiewle

Postby CD » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:25 pm

Aside from eye witness accounts and reporting what they've been told I am uninterested in the writings of most 12 year olds.

CD

Postby Rick345 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:03 pm

CD wrote:Aside from eye witness accounts and reporting what they've been told I am uninterested in the writings of most 12 year olds.

Well, I take the word of a 12 year old over a politician or a "news" reporter any day. Zlata's account was first hand as are the dairies of the children that survived WWI through Iraq. I'm interested in anyone's prospective on just about anything. You and I are the same person we were the day we were born on the DAY WE die except for the books that we read, and the people we talk to, everyone has a story to tell we have a duty to yourselves to listen even when we don't like what they are telling us and probably especially so in that situation.
Rick345

Postby quickiewle » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:27 pm

I've seen pictures from this, which must be a heart-rending book...
I Never Saw Another Butterfly: Children's Drawings & Poems from Terezin Concentration Camp,1942-44

From amazon.com
Children have loud voices even when they can no longer speak.
Mark Twain
quickiewle

Return to Religion and Spirituality