Homosexuals and the Bible

Re: Homosexuals and the Bible

Postby Gobo » Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:09 pm

rightiswrong wrote:Anyone who quotes Ronnie Rayguns in their signature here is most likely nothing but a troll.

I had a Reagan quote for a while back when I started here.
Gobo

Role: Liberal intellectual elite

Postby English Nick » Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:07 pm

NotACrook wrote:Sorry, guys, but I've got to side with Cyntino on this one. Most of the posters on this forum are far too arrogant, especially that guy who told me to go away after I started a legitimate Hillary vs Obama thread. Apparently, most of you can't stand having to listen to other's peoples opinions, whether they're on the same basic side as you (like in my case) or to the opposite side (Cyntino).

I assume this is the "legitimate thread" you were referring to.
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum – even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there’s free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.” - Noam Chomsky
English Nick

Role: Royal pain in the arse

Postby rightiswrong » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:53 am

Gobo wrote:
rightiswrong wrote:Anyone who quotes Ronnie Rayguns in their signature here is most likely nothing but a troll.

I had a Reagan quote for a while back when I started here.

But you have atoned, you are redeemed, you have repented for your sin. :mrgreen:

(Do you see the irony here?)
In the beginning, Man created God, things went downhill from there.
rightiswrong

Role: Maître d'

Postby Catsohori » Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:46 pm

The problem with religion in general is that is not meant to be in reality taken literally. Do you think we should going around killing people over their leanings on anything?

In recorded history all Abrahamic faiths have gone through periods of violence, repatriation and restriction. Cytino has cited in many cases the issues of Islam as a violent religion, its only violent in certain areas because of the culture that evolved from. However that is no different from when the Hebrews first came to Canaan and wiped out the other tribes that lived in that area, or the Christians and the Crusades.

Every faith, philosophy and concept has its weirdies that think its there way or the high way.

Do good in your life, respect what you have and do not suppress others for their views, thoughts or for who they are..."
~Personal Philosophy
Catsohori

Postby English Nick » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:51 pm

Catsohori wrote:The problem with religion in general is that is not meant to be in reality taken literally.

Obviously it refers to any manufacturer of dairy products (c'mon, you knew somebody was gonna say it).
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum – even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there’s free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.” - Noam Chomsky
English Nick

Postby Catsohori » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:47 am

Englishman in America wrote:
Catsohori wrote:The problem with religion in general is that is not meant to be in reality taken literally.

Obviously it refers to any manufacturer of dairy products (c'mon, you knew somebody was gonna say it).

The 11th Commandment did say "Thou shall milk thine bovine daily!"

Do good in your life, respect what you have and do not suppress others for their views, thoughts or for who they are..."
~Personal Philosophy
Catsohori

Postby cyntino » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:00 am

I won this debate five years ago.
"When you are ignorant of the enemy but know yourself, your chances of winning and losing are equal"-Sun Tzu
cyntino

Role: PTC's Favorite Antagonist

Postby English Nick » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:21 am

cyntino wrote:I won this debate five years ago.

So why dredge it up again now (along with a bunch of other years-old threads)?
English Nick

Postby cyntino » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:21 am

English Nick wrote:

Truth is I miss what this forum once was. I hope you are doing well and I remember you when you were the Englishman in America.
"When you are ignorant of the enemy but know yourself, your chances of winning and losing are equal"-Sun Tzu
cyntino

Postby English Nick » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:09 am

cyntino wrote:
English Nick wrote:

Truth is I miss what this forum once was. I hope you are doing well and I remember you when you were the Englishman in America.

I do too, sometimes, but I think it's time to move on. Ava has talked about relaunching this site in another form, and I'd rather wait for that than try to keep the present forum on life support.
English Nick

Postby Ava » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:58 pm

English Nick wrote:
cyntino wrote:
English Nick wrote:

I do too, sometimes, but I think it's time to move on. Ava has talked about relaunching this site in another form, and I'd rather wait for that than try to keep the present forum on life support.

Yup. I'm busy editing right now but I should have a picture lock by the end of the month to send off for color correction and audio. Once it's sent out I'll have the time to work on the changes I'm looking into. I'm thinking about nixing the forum and relaunching in a blog format in which each user will have their own blog and other users can respond via threads. We'll see.. still looking into other options as well. :)
- Ava

"No matter what the fight, don't be ladylike! God almighty made women and the Rockefeller gang of thieves made the ladies." - Mother Jones
Ava
Site Admin

Role: bonafide smartass liberal feminist peacenik

Postby rightiswrong » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:09 am

I'm still here :hi:

:congrats: Ava on the Duke thing :yourock:
In the beginning, Man created God, things went downhill from there.
rightiswrong

Role: Maître d'

Postby cyntino » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:13 pm

English Nick wrote:
cyntino wrote:
English Nick wrote:

I've always felt PTC's strongpoint was its relatively small membership. You don't get list in a sea of bloggers or posters. We first debated over six years ago and I still remember you well. I've missed this place...
cyntino

Postby Animal » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:54 pm

Still here.

"I have 1,000 years of power!! Come and get me!"

Question: Why do the fundies always tell us they are under siege when it's themselves that are launching the attack on all those that disagree with them.
Animal

Previous

Return to Religion and Spirituality