Suggestions

Postby tracker » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:53 pm

I've said it before, but I'll say it officially here, I think we need a daily hate mail bag. Really. It's so friggin' hysterical to read stupid people's rants.
"Certainly television, and perhaps to an extent my station was intimidated by the admistration and it's foot soldiers at Fox News and it did infact put a climate of fear and self-censorship, in my view, in terms of the kind of broadcast work we did."--Christiane Amanpour, CNN Correspondent

"Perchance you who pronounce my sentence are in greater fear than I who receive it."--Giordano Bruno, 16 February 1600
tracker

Postby Random_Australian » Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:57 pm

Some music suggestions:

For some odd, ODD reason I have "I wonder do you think of me" by Keith Whitley (whoever that is) playing, and it sounds like the first half would fit well.

And also, a song that I think is called "Oxygene, part 3" by Jean Michele Jarre - though since I am not 100% sure about the name I'll give it to you next time we talk on AOL, or something to that effect.

Though, I am fairly new to this site so you might have used them already. *ahem* and this thread might not even be somewhere to put these suggestions, but if a thread titled "suggestions" is not for it, I don't know what is.

:)

I'll talk a lot more of what I mean if you show some interest - Oxygene is a great one for the mental effects on the soldiers theme, I think. Or at least it always reminds me of my own troubles in the head department when I hear it.
I'm still alive.
Random_Australian

Postby Bammo » Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:33 pm

See you have your share of war mongering Trolls here! LOL

They sure do have their courage on the internet - damn!

Those are the same morons that would wet themselves in a real firefight.

The thing that amazes me about these "SHRUB" suckers is why are they on the internet and not in the "Front Row" in Iraq or Afghanistan where the "SHRUB" can make some profit off of their bllod for his home boys???

You people handle these clowns well, like your style!

Keep the faith and Hang Tough ~
There It Is ! Don't Mean Nothin'

101st Airborne Div / Americal Div. RVN "DDAP"
Bammo

Postby rightiswrong » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:24 pm

Bammo wrote:See you have your share of war mongering Trolls here! LOL

They sure do have their courage on the internet - damn!

Those are the same morons that would wet themselves in a real firefight.

The thing that amazes me about these "SHRUB" suckers is why are they on the internet and not in the "Front Row" in Iraq or Afghanistan where the "SHRUB" can make some profit off of their bllod for his home boys???

You people handle these clowns well, like your style!

Keep the faith and Hang Tough ~

I'm relatively new here and I agree with you 100%, trolls get a serious smackdown here. I only wish that I could be as eloquent as some of the other posters here. :rockon:
In the beginning, Man created God, things went downhill from there.
rightiswrong

Role: Maître d'

Postby Rick345 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:57 am

First off I must say I am very impressed by your efforts to stop the war and your animations. And I confess I have read several magazine, net and newspaper articles about you and sometimes during an interview you have mentioned an animation and I will try to find it which I do but, there seems to be no rhyme or reason to list of you animation titles . My suggestion would be to put them in alphabetical order if that wouldn't be too much trouble. And why do some of the animation titles have stars by them?
Rick345

randy go play with your gland

Postby The Big Raven » Fri May 18, 2007 9:58 am

When ww2 started does not matter its the fact that war is wrong period. People who hang around sites just to point out somebodies typos must have a hell of alot of free time on thier hands or they think they are important somehow and randygland you take the cake go back under your bridge you troll. Now google troll and see randygland pop-up.
The Big Raven

Are you gonna do a video on the Betrayus report?

Postby English Nick » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:46 pm

Just wondering.
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum – even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there’s free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.” - Noam Chomsky
English Nick

Role: Royal pain in the arse

Re: Are you gonna do a video on the Betrayus report?

Postby Ava » Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:20 pm

Englishman in America wrote:Just wondering.

i might
- Ava

"No matter what the fight, don't be ladylike! God almighty made women and the Rockefeller gang of thieves made the ladies." - Mother Jones
Ava
Site Admin

Role: bonafide smartass liberal feminist peacenik

Re: Suggestions

Postby English Nick » Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:16 am

I just wanted to make a suggestion on formatting. I don't know if you are able to do this, but it'd be nice to have a strikethrough option for text. There have been times in the past when I've wanted to use strikethrough for humorous effect, but I don't think you can do it at the moment. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, it's when words look like they've been crossed out. I've seen it on other forums, but not this one.
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum – even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there’s free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.” - Noam Chomsky
English Nick

Postby hwmnbn » Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:40 pm

Englishman in America wrote:I just wanted to make a suggestion on formatting. I don't know if you are able to do this, but it'd be nice to have a strikethrough option for text.

Yeah I agree, that would be really cool. :rockon:

It would eliminate the need for a sarcasm thingie because you can still put in the snark, strike a line thru it, say something else, and the snark still remains. It's what you really think but are being polite and not saying it outloud.

It's like a pwn with evil intentions delivered in a socially acceptable manner.

I want that strike-thru feature.
"I drank WHAT?!?"

-Socrates-
hwmnbn

Role: a drifter, the prime suspect with a perfect alibi

Postby hwmnbn » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:16 am

How about taking your Christmas holiday greeting stuff down from the front page?
It's the middle of January fer Chrissakes! :mrgreen:

and while we're at it, whatever happened to that strike-thru text feature?
I know you've been out of the country, but still.. :pulpdance:
"I drank WHAT?!?"

-Socrates-
hwmnbn

Role: a drifter, the prime suspect with a perfect alibi

Postby Leandros » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:19 pm

Avva, shouldn't PTC be present in facebook? E.g. such a cause, a page (where you become a fan), a group or an application or such as all of them. In fact, it should become a group in facebook sooner than later. Facebook's increasing audience would expand PTC and help its funding in the long run. Or you may have a deal or sth... :lol: !!! But as for forming PTC as a group.. hurry up!
“A great leader's courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” - John Maxwell

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” - Benjamin Franklin

“Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.” - Martin Luther King
Leandros

Postby Leandros » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:26 pm

P.S. If you need any further suggestions or help, let me know. So far, I am administrator of my class's group, as well as of the Politics and Economics Club with Panagiotis. Also, I have already created 3 pages, Amartya Sen, Albert Gore and Noam Chomsky.
“A great leader's courage to fulfill his vision comes from passion, not position.” - John Maxwell

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” - Benjamin Franklin

“Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed.” - Martin Luther King
Leandros

Postby Ava » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:43 pm

Leandros wrote:Avva, shouldn't PTC be present in facebook? E.g. such a cause, a page (where you become a fan), a group or an application or such as all of them. In fact, it should become a group in facebook sooner than later. Facebook's increasing audience would expand PTC and help its funding in the long run. Or you may have a deal or sth... :lol: !!! But as for forming PTC as a group.. hurry up!

i already have a PTC facebook group -
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2238539130
- Ava

"No matter what the fight, don't be ladylike! God almighty made women and the Rockefeller gang of thieves made the ladies." - Mother Jones
Ava
Site Admin

Postby English Nick » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:26 pm

Ava wrote:
Leandros wrote:Avva, shouldn't PTC be present in facebook? E.g. such a cause, a page (where you become a fan), a group or an application or such as all of them. In fact, it should become a group in facebook sooner than later. Facebook's increasing audience would expand PTC and help its funding in the long run. Or you may have a deal or sth... :lol: !!! But as for forming PTC as a group.. hurry up!

i already have a PTC facebook group -
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2238539130

I just joined, under my fake Facebook name (I've already had my identity stolen once, I'm not gonna join Facebook under my real name).
English Nick

Postby Ava » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:45 pm

- Ava

Ava
Site Admin

Postby bageton » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:42 am

Englishman in America wrote:I just wanted to make a suggestion on formatting. I don't know if you are able to do this, but it'd be nice to have a strikethrough option for text. There have been times in the past when I've wanted to use strikethrough for humorous effect, but I don't think you can do it at the moment. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, it's when words look like they've been crossed out. I've seen it on other forums, but not this one.

Whatever happened to this idea? :?:
Don't stop me now...
bageton

Postby czech mate » Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:49 am

bageton wrote:
Englishman in America wrote:I just wanted to make a suggestion on formatting. I don't know if you are able to do this, but it'd be nice to have a strikethrough option for text. There have been times in the past when I've wanted to use strikethrough for humorous effect, but I don't think you can do it at the moment. In case you don't know what I'm talking about, it's when words look like they've been crossed out. I've seen it on other forums, but not this one.

Whatever happened to this idea? :?:

Still in the in tray.
"A State of War only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny"
Alexander Solzhenitsyn RIP
"I never forget a face, but in your case I will make an exception" Groucho Marx
czech mate

Role: Bureaucrat Bashing Journalist

Postby brownt3 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:41 pm

Great site. I do have one suggestion. On you home page you note the statistics of US military wounded & dead.

How about the statistics for the Iraqi people? A approx. count can be found at http://www.iraqbodycount.org/.

Most Americans tend to overlook this sad, but real statistic.

Keep the peace,

Trey
brownt3

Postby czech mate » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:38 pm

brownt3 wrote:Great site. I do have one suggestion. On you home page you note the statistics of US military wounded & dead.

How about the statistics for the Iraqi people? A approx. count can be found at http://www.iraqbodycount.org/.

Most Americans tend to overlook this sad, but real statistic.

Keep the peace,

Trey

To me ALL casualties, especially the civilian casualties should be shown.
Another stat could be the suicides of the vets, who often come home to find everything they valued is gone.
It is the cry of every politician of every country during a major war, that thier troops will come back to "a home fit for heroes". A promise forgotten with few exceptions.
"A State of War only serves as an excuse for domestic tyranny"
Alexander Solzhenitsyn RIP
"I never forget a face, but in your case I will make an exception" Groucho Marx
czech mate

Role: Bureaucrat Bashing Journalist

PreviousNext

Return to Site News And Updates