Suggestions

Re: Suggestions

Postby Ava » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:05 pm

brownt3 wrote:Great site. I do have one suggestion. On you home page you note the statistics of US military wounded & dead.

How about the statistics for the Iraqi people? A approx. count can be found at http://www.iraqbodycount.org/.

Most Americans tend to overlook this sad, but real statistic.

Keep the peace,

Trey

the problem is that iraqbodycount.org's stats aren't up to date...
http://www.justforeignpolicy.org/iraq/iraqdeaths.html
http://www.opinion.co.uk/Newsroom_detai ... ?NewsId=78

once my computer gets back up and running i'll link to the most recent estimate on the front page headlines
- Ava

"No matter what the fight, don't be ladylike! God almighty made women and the Rockefeller gang of thieves made the ladies." - Mother Jones
Ava
Site Admin

Role: bonafide smartass liberal feminist peacenik

Postby Rick345 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:20 am

If you get time it maybe a good idea to add another category to the forums... "The Economy"
A place were people could discuss the woes and perils of our current economic problems and the proposed solutions by out political leadership. Since this is going to be a key issue to everyone for at least the next couple of years.
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?", Mahatma Gandhi.
Rick345

Postby hwmnbn » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:49 pm

bageton wrote:
Englishman in America wrote:I just wanted to make a suggestion on formatting. I don't know if you are able to do this, but it'd be nice to have a strikethrough option for text.

Whatever happened to this idea? :?:

Yeah, we've been asking for this since Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:16 am.

Now that all your college applications are done, you have LOTS of free time! Sooooo, what's the hold-up? :evil:

BTW, I think the Rick345 suggestion above is pretty good.
"I drank WHAT?!?"

-Socrates-
hwmnbn

Role: a drifter, the prime suspect with a perfect alibi

Postby Ava » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:29 pm

hwmnbn wrote:
bageton wrote:
Englishman in America wrote:I just wanted to make a suggestion on formatting. I don't know if you are able to do this, but it'd be nice to have a strikethrough option for text.

Now that all your college applications are done, you have LOTS of free time! Sooooo, what's the hold-up? :evil:

1. i still have school
2. i have a job
3. the website
4. the documentary
5. i forgot about it :tongue2:
- Ava

"No matter what the fight, don't be ladylike! God almighty made women and the Rockefeller gang of thieves made the ladies." - Mother Jones
Ava
Site Admin

Postby rightiswrong » Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:49 pm

Ava wrote:
hwmnbn wrote:
bageton wrote:

1. i still have school
2. i have a job
3. the website
4. the documentary
5. i forgot about it :tongue2:

...and you have "a life". :D
In the beginning, Man created God, things went downhill from there.
rightiswrong

Role: Maître d'

Postby Ava » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:15 am

Rick345 wrote:If you get time it maybe a good idea to add another category to the forums... "The Economy"
A place were people could discuss the woes and perils of our current economic problems and the proposed solutions by out political leadership. Since this is going to be a key issue to everyone for at least the next couple of years.

added it:
viewforum.php?f=17
- Ava

Ava
Site Admin

Postby English Nick » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:25 am

Hey, how come I'm locked out? You're all talking about me in there, aren't you? [-X
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum – even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there’s free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.” - Noam Chomsky
English Nick

Role: Royal pain in the arse

Postby Ava » Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:31 am

Englishman in America wrote:Hey, how come I'm locked out? You're all talking about me in there, aren't you? [-X

i was in the process of setting user permissions. you should be able to access it now.
- Ava

Ava
Site Admin

Postby English Nick » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:15 pm

Ava wrote:
Englishman in America wrote:Hey, how come I'm locked out? You're all talking about me in there, aren't you? [-X

i was in the process of setting user permissions. you should be able to access it now.

Oh well. That was an anticlimax. In the words of the divine Oscar, there is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
“The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum – even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there’s free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate.” - Noam Chomsky
English Nick

Role: Royal pain in the arse

Postby rightiswrong » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:05 pm

Ava wrote:

Was somebody misbehaving? :shrug:
In the beginning, Man created God, things went downhill from there.
rightiswrong

Role: Maître d'

Previous

Return to Site News And Updates