FALLOUT at the NewFilmmakers Summer Festival 2009

FALLOUT at the NewFilmmakers Summer Festival 2009

Postby Ava » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:01 pm

Check out FALLOUT: Coming Home from the War in Iraq at the NewFilmmakers Summer Festival on July 4th!

The 2009 NewFilmmaker Summer Festival will take place July 1 - 6 at Anthology Film Archives in New York City. On Saturday July 4th NewFilmmakers in the Deren Theater celebrates the Fourth of July with first hand accounts of the Iraqi War and its aftermath. FALLOUT: Coming Home from the War in Iraq begins at 6pm. Admission is $6.

FALLOUT: Coming Home from the War in Iraq is a documentary about three veterans of the war in Iraq. Each veteran speaks about their experience as a soldier in Iraq and the challenges they faced while readjusting to civilian life here at home. These firsthand witnesses explain how their experiences have affected them and altered their views on the war, the media, the public, and the leaders who put their lives on the line. FALLOUT is the premiere film of Ava Lowrey, an 18 year old film/video activist from rural Alabama. Her short videos on the war in Iraq have received international attention from news outlets including CNN, MTV, The New York Times, Le Monde(France), and Rolling Stone Magazine. Together with her brother Gordon, Ava set out with a single camcorder and drove across the South East to interview three veterans. Honest and straightforward, this unbiased documentary gives Staff Sergeant James C. Bailey, Corporal Michael Prysner, and Staff Sergeant Charlie Carlson a platform to open up with the public and share stories and opinions that might otherwise go unheard.

Date: Saturday, July 4, 2009
Time: 6:00pm - 7:00pm
32 Second Avenue
New York, NY
- Ava

"No matter what the fight, don't be ladylike! God almighty made women and the Rockefeller gang of thieves made the ladies." - Mother Jones
Ava
Site Admin

Role: bonafide smartass liberal feminist peacenik

Re: FALLOUT at the NewFilmmakers Summer Festival 2009

Postby rightiswrong » Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:57 pm

I hope it does well.
In the beginning, Man created God, things went downhill from there.
rightiswrong

Role: Maître d'

Postby quickiewle » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:00 am

Yep, me too...
Ava, I'd tell you to break a leg, but you might, so I'll just wish you good luck. :D
" I'm not sure whether the world is being run
by smart people who are putting us on,
or by imbeciles who really mean it."
Mark Twain
quickiewle

Role: punmeister ( you'll see)

Postby rightiswrong » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:34 am

quickiewle wrote:Ava, I'd tell you to break a leg, but you might, so I'll just wish you good luck. :D

:lol:
In the beginning, Man created God, things went downhill from there.
rightiswrong

Role: Maître d'

Postby Rick345 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:43 pm

Any news on how the movie was received?
"What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is wrought under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of liberty or democracy?", Mahatma Gandhi.
Rick345

Return to Site News And Updates